To that end, here are just a few great tips to strengthen your body’s immune system during the autumn:
• Eat a healthy diet – try eating an extra piece of fruit everyday (Vitamin C)
• Supplements – Vitamin C with Zinc and Vitamin D supplements can help to boost the immune system.
• Exercise regularly – a 15 minute walk everyday is really important. Make the most of the dry colder days.
• Get enough sleep – sleep recharges those tired batteries and makes the body less vulnerable to illness
• Flu vaccine – We highly recommend having the vaccine which can be available either through your GP at your local chemist or through some employers who offer vaccines to employees.
Flu is a very unpredictable virus which is infectious and spread by germs from coughs and sneezes. These germs can live on hands and surfaces for 24 hours. To reduce the risk of spreading flu and other infections, use tissues to trap germs when you cough or sneeze, wash your hands often with warm water and soap, and bin used tissues as quickly as possible. Catch it. Bin it. Kill it.